28 Jan Greenwood Jiu Jitsu Member’s
ETIQUETTE FOR STUDENTS
- Only students and instructors are allowed on the mats during class time.
- Be on time and don’t come to class if sick.
- Use proper footwear when using the bathroom.
- Personal hygiene – Finger and Toe nails trimmed to reduce the risk of scratching and infecting your training partners. Clean Gi or Clean No Gi attire. If you wear knee braces, ankle supports, or any other type of equipment be sure those are washed after each practice as well. Jiu Jitsu is an up close contact sport so please keep your body and breath fresh.
- Jewelry should be removed to prevent injury to your partner.
- Courtesy and good sportsmanship is a must between all students. Any problem with other members should be brought to the teacher’s attention in private.
- No political debates to keep it a positive environment. Most students come to the dojo to escape from the outside world and forget about life’s problems.
- Clean up your finger tape, Band-Aids and water bottles.
- Watch your space when rolling.
- Show respect to all students no matter his or her rank
- Remember to check in on the attendance app.
- Don’t walking around the gym or hallways in your underwear.
Holiday hours are mailed out in monthly updates and always on the website so when unsure please refer to the schedule page.
WE ARE ALL IN THE GYM TO IMPROVE, TO BECOME BETTER. NEVER LOOK DOWN ON YOUR TRAINING PARTNERS.