Covid 19 Notice
Greenwood Jiu Jitsu closed March 16 to help ease the spread of COVID-19. We made this hard decision before the city made it mandatory for non essential business to close as our students safety is always our priority. The first week we filmed solo drills and started our video library which now has over 300 moves to get our students active and engaged.
We started running online zoom classes seven days a week running a total of 320 classes between March 23rd and July 15th. We taught all our students how to build a training partner out of their uniforms and old towels to give them a partner to train with. Although I have a professional 2000 square foot studio I chose to teach my classes from home to show my students the way. A leader is one who knows the way goes the way and shows the way. Never believe you are above or below anyone and stay humble has always been the a Greenwood a Jiu Jitsu Code of ethics.
After four months of complete closure we opened our doors under the guidelines of the PSO (provincial sports organization) and OJA (Ontario Jitsu Association). We invested in buying Grappling dummies to allow our students to train solo with in the club.With Toronto in stage 3 of opening we now offer Classes that ensure all of our students preferences are met during these difficult times.
- We have dummies for students who want to work solo in their own 6 foot social distance space.
- One partner per class per day.
- Circle of six with in the club.
- Family members.
- We also stream the classes live on zoom for those who want to train at home.
- For the students that help support our school we ensure to deliver top level service.
- Classes are 50 minutes to allow cleaning between each classes.
- Hand sanitizers at the entrance and exit plus in both training rooms.
- Temperature check is done before each class.
- All classes are booked through the app with no drop in visits to the Academy.
- Training floor has 6 foot social distance marked spaces.
- One way traffic when entering and exiting.
- A questionnaire online asking if they feel ill to stay home.
The OJA is on the appropriate sub committee to make the recommendations on behalf of Greenwood Jiu Jitsu. They continue to meet with the government officials and advocate with Greenwood Jiu Jitsu as much as they possibly can.