About Greenwood Jiu-Jitsu
It’s my responsibility to see that the training area is operated so that everyone is given the same chance to benefit from the Jiu Jitsu life style.
I started my martial arts training with Shotokan Karate when I was 9 years old and received the rank of black belt at 16. I then switched to a less traditional style martial art of karate based on a kick boxing style and received the rank of 2nd degree black belt.
In 1994, I started teaching in the day time in high schools across Ontario with the number one self defense company in Canada, Safe International, and still currently teach in the GTA area high schools.
In 2001, I started training in the martial art Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. I spent 3 months every summer in Brazil since 2008 training with the number one team in the world, Checkmat. I received the rank of Black Belt from Ricardo Vieira becoming the first Canadian Black Belt under the Vieira Brothers.
No matter how focused or committed you are, it’s difficult to make any journey alone. We all need someone to push us, to inspire us, to help us honour our commitments, and to allow us to stay true to our dreams and goals. As your Teacher, I will be there to lift your spirits up after failure. If obstacles stand in your way, or your enthusiasm starts to deplete, your Professor will share stories of his own journey of ups and downs.
Head Instructor – Greenwood Jiu-Jitsu
Checkmat Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Black Belt
- First Ricardo Vieira (Vieira Bros) Black Belt in Canada
- 2011 World Masters Brown Belt Bronze
- 2010 Estadual Rio Brown Belt Gold
- 2010 Estadual Rio Brown Belt Open Weight Gold
- 2010 Taca Rio Brown Belt Gold
- 2010 Taca Rio Brown Belt Open Weight Gold
- 2010 Carlson Cup Brown Belt Gold
- 2009 World Cup Brown Belt Gold
- 2009 Taca Rio Brown Belt Gold
- 2008 Pan Am No Gi Purple Belt Gold
- 2006 NAGA Blue Belt Gi Silver
- 2006 NAGA Blue Belt No Gi Bronze
- 2002 GTA Challenge Beginner Gi Silver
- 2002 Kingston Cup Beginner No GI Gold